by Audra Stania
One of the biggest mental hurdles to initially overcome is taking the step to meet with a bankruptcy attorney and deciding that a bankruptcy filing is the best option for resolving your financial burdens. Your bankruptcy attorney and the rest of our law firm will be available to you throughout the entire process, but there is still some leg work that has to be done on your end, so you’re fully prepared for your bankruptcy filing in Branson Missouri.
Your attorney will advise you on specific paperwork that is needed to prepare your petition but a basic list includes:
- Every pay stub received from all jobs in the last 7 months
- Tax returns filed for the last two years
- A detailed list of all creditors to whom you owe money
- Titles to all vehicles
- Deeds of trust to real estate
- Recent statements on mortgages, vehicle loans and retirement/investment accounts
- Knowledge of your monthly expenses
- A credit counseling certificate
Remember, this is a basic list and each case may require additional documents depending on your financial situation. Once you’ve gotten your documents all in order, one of our friendly staff members can set the appointment with your bankruptcy attorney to prepare your bankruptcy petition, so your case can be filed with the court.